Transactions for biomass worth EUR 200 million concluded
In May of this year, the value of transactions concluded at BALTPOOL Biomass Exchange exceeded EUR 200 million. Some of the facts related to this achievement are described below:
- More than 1.3 million toe of biomass, which accounts for approximately 250 000 woodchips transportation vehicles, was purchased;
- More than 15 000 transactions were concluded;
- Latvian biomass suppliers accounted for approximately 2.5% of the biomass market;
- A total of 78 buyers and 179 sellers from Lithuania and Latvia executed transactions;
- The weighted average price of the transactions concluded throughout the time period amounted to 148.10 EUR/toe for woodchips, 311.60 EUR/toe for wood pellets, 110.28 EUR/toe for fuel peat.