Biomass exchange and heat trade statistics – February of 2021
- The value of the BWCS (Baltpool Wood Chips SPOT) LT index reached 12.74 EUR/MWh. An increase of 16.8% per month, and 33.6% per year has been recorded in the value of the index.
- The total turnover of the exchange amounted to 429,020 MWh. Compared to January, an increase of the turnover by 39.9% has been recorded.
- The amount of short-term contracts reached 88.7%. A total of 685,978 MWh of biomass was delivered based on contracts concluded on the exchange.
- Compared to January, the supply of biomass decreased by 7.8%, and compared to February 2020, it increased by 35.2%.
- With the ongoing heating season, biomass supply under long-term contracts comprised 45.6% (26.6% under half-year contracts and 19% under one-quarter contracts). Compared to February 2020, the delivery of biomass under long-term contracts decreased by 7.3%.