REGARDING ADJUSTMENT OF THE AUCTION PROCESS AND STRUCTURE (INFORMATION UPDATE)
On 18 October 2016, BALTPOOL UAB, the operator of the Energy Exchange (hereinafter the Operator), published on its website information about the proposal to adjust the auction process and structure from 1 January 2017 (http://www.baltpool.eu/lt/del-aukciono-eigos-ir-strukturos-pakeitimo):
- To divide the auctions that take place on Tuesdays into 2 parts: the auction for long-term contracts and the auction for short-term contracts;
- To set a 30-minute duration of each auction stage;
- To hold an additional auction for short-term contracts every Thursday.
Participants could present their comments and opinions regarding the aforementioned proposal by 11 November 2016.
We would like to inform you that, with consideration to the comments and proposals made by participants and associations of participants, the Operator has passed the following decision:
- To leave unchanged the current process and structure of the auctions taking place on Tuesdays;
- To pass a decision regarding organisation of additional auctions on Thursdays later, following additional evaluation of the need for such auctions and of the possible form in which they can be organised (i.e. from 1 January 2017, Thursday auctions will not be held).
We thank the participants that presented their opinions and comments. We are looking forward to continuing our successful cooperation in the future.