An amendment to the Law on Energy from Renewable Sources of 28 April 2022 appointed Baltpool as the energy resources exchange operator to implement a national scheme for the assessment of biomass compliance with sustainability and greenhouse gas (GHG) emission reduction criteria. The scheme is expected to be accessible to all existing participants in the energy exchange and will collect all information on the compliance of biomass (more than 96% of all biomass used in the heating systems are traded/purchased on the energy exchange) with the sustainability and GHG reduction criteria, and the information will be transmitted by the State to the European Commission.
The aim of the system will be to collect data with minimum administrative burden for the participants of the biomass exchange, ensuring the reliability of the collected data on the basis of the existing registers managed by public institutions (STI, Forestry Service).
The planned stages of implementation of the RED II national scheme:
- Cooperation with the Ministry of Energy and/or other institutions on the adoption of necessary amendments to sub-legislative acts;
- Developing the technical needs of the IT system.
- IT system development work;
- Introducing the principles of the scheme and the conditions of participation.
- RED II national scheme in operation.
Presentation of RED II national scheme
Tel. +370 5 229 9316
E-mail: [email protected]